Seattle Center programs Student Showcases in order to provide entertainment as part of seasonal events, and to give public and private schools and youth performance groups the opportunity to share their artistic accomplishments with family, friends and the public.
During the submission periods listed below, applications will be accepted for the following:
Whirligig 2016 - The Application Submission period is now closed
Event Dates: April 1 - 17
Application Submission period begins: January 4
Applications processed: January - February (or until full)
Permits mailed: Early March
Rides are free on Thursdays
Event Dates: November 26 - December 31
Application Submission period begins: September 1
Applications processed: September - October (or until full)
Permits mailed: Early November
At this time Seattle Center is unable to provide Student Showcase performance opportunities on the Armory stage outside of the above scheduled series dates.
- Please proof-read applications before they are submitted.
- Applications may only be submitted during the currently open application submission period.
- Applications must be typed (completed on a computer). Hand written applications will not be accepted. First download the WORD application document using the link at the bottom of the page. Complete and save the application, then follow the instructions on the first page of the application under "Application Process" to submit your application(s).
- Before filling out an application, Click here to see if a desired performance date/time is "Currently Available".
- New applicants that are not a public/private k-12 school, must submit a video or link to a website or YouTube video of the group's planned performance showing costumes. Also include lyrics for all planned recorded music.
- A separate application must be completed for each performance group you plan to bring (choir, band, orchestra, 2 bands, etc.) Do not put totals of all groups on any one application. Please indicate the order in which you want them to perform.
- Please provide name, address and phone for the school/organization and the performance group lead (i.e. band/choir director, dance instructor, etc.) as the main contact. If the person filling out the application is not the group lead, please note where performance related information should be sent.
- On each submitted application, please make sure to accurately list the number of performers in that group. If the number changes, please notify us ASAP.
- Dates/times are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. No guarantees are made based on prior participation.
- Applicants are expected to fill all of the requested performance time. Requests must be for at least a 15 minute time slot, and no more than 60 min. (Whirligig) and 45 min. (Winterfest). If your performance needs change, please notify us ASAP.
- Do not include set-up and tear-down time in your “performance length” request. Set-up and tear-down time is scheduled independently of your performance.
- A Stage Set-up Diagram will be emailed to you with your performance date/time offer. One diagram must be completed for each performance group application submitted. Performances are not finalized until this form is received.
- We will do our best to accommodate your request. However, we may need to modify your set-up in order to accommodate everyone’s needs. Be aware that large bands/orchestras often must perform on the floor in front of the stage as the stage may not accommodate their needs.
- If you have chosen a popular date/time, it is highly likely that your performance may be scheduled for an alternate date/time that you have listed on your application, so please do not list alternate dates/times that will not work for your group. If you are only able to perform on a specific date, please know that we may not be able to accommodate your request.
- Submit completed applications and Stage Set-up Diagrams as an MS WORD document by email only to email@example.com. (Faxes, PDF’s or other formats will not be accepted)
- If your application is incorrect, incomplete, you request dates that are listed as unavailable or if you request performances for more than one group and do not submit the appropriate number of applications, your application will not be processed or put into the "cue" for date/time consideration until an amended application(s) is received.
- If you have any changes to your application (i.e. number of students performing, performance date/time, technical requirements etc.) or if your contact information has changed, it is your responsibility to notify the Student Showcase Program Manager ASAP at StudentShowcases@seattle.gov.
- Visit the FAQs for performance procedures, conditions and answers to common questions. Failure to adhere to the procedures and conditions listed above, in the application and in the FAQ's may result in not receiving your preferred performance date/time or the denial of future Student Showcase performances.
- The Application, Stage Set-up Diagram and FAQ's are periodically updated as circumstances and information changes. If you are a returning applicant, it is your responsibility to check for updates, and always download the most current documents. Do not use forms from past series.
- The Armory is a family friendly location that is open to the general public. Performances must be appropriate for all ages.
Student Showcases are free performances for youth-based performance groups only. Adult groups and groups that seek compensation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Groups that intend to charge an admission fee, please contact Seattle Center Event Sales at email@example.com or 206-684-7202 for more information about renting a facility.
CLICK HERE to download the Student Showcase application.
The Application Submission period for Whiligig 2016 is now closed.