(Update Wednesday, 1/12/22) - Seattle Center has selected New Rising Sun as the producing partner of Bumbershoot Arts & Music Festival. Seattle Center unanimously agreed that their creativity, drive, capacity and collaborative inclination to build a sustainable structure for the 50-year-old annual festival. New Rising Sun will reimagine and reinvigorate a deep-rooted and treasured part of the region’s arts, cultural and entertainment landscape.
Request for Proposals Schedule:
- Publish RFP - September 2, 2021
- Last day for proposers questions - October 18, 2021
- All proposal due by 5pm PT - October 25, 2021
- RFP Committee determined the three proposals that would move forward to interviews - November 5, 2021
- RFP Committee invited the three proposers to interviews - November 19, 2021
- RFP Committee interviewed two proposers at the end of the week - November 29, 2021
- RFP Committee concluded the final interview at the end of the week - December 6, 2021
- RFP Committe arrived at a unanimous decision to move forward with New Rising Sun - December 17, 2021
(RFP Announced Thursday, 9/2/21) - Seattle Center is seeking a Bumbershoot Arts & Music Festival producing partner with the creativity, drive, capacity and collaborative inclination to build a sustainable structure for the 50-year-old annual festival. This is an exciting opportunity to reimagine and reinvigorate a deep-rooted and treasured part of the region’s arts, cultural and entertainment landscape. Over the years, Bumbershoot has grown into one of the largest and most significant urban arts festivals in North America in terms of its scope, content and reach.
The dual goals of artistic excellence and festival sustainability are at the heart of the Future of Bumbershoot 2022 and Beyond Request for Proposals for Producer. The RFP will consider a range of possible producing arrangements and scenarios that will form a sustainable structure for the annual festival. Proposals will also be evaluated by what they include of relevance to diverse communities. A proven track record of collaboration with a wide variety of public and private sector partners is paramount as well as proven ability to manage multiple revenue streams and maintain the bottom line. The RFP will consider proposals from locally based, national and international proposers. Proposals will be due by Monday, October 25, 2021 at 5:00pm PT.
RFP Questions Submitted By Proposers