General Campus Safety Information
Seattle Center Emergency Services Unit (ESU) employs uniformed security officers who regularly patrol the campus and garages 24 hours a day by foot, bicycle and vehicle. They also provide first aid and respond to emergencies and visitor inquiries. ESU coordinates closely with Seattle Police Department (SPD) personnel to ensure compliance with Seattle Center Campus Rules and facility rules of conduct.
HELPFUL REMINDERS FOR YOUR VISIT TO SEATTLE CENTER:
- “See Something, Say Something.” If you see something suspicious while on the grounds or in Seattle Center facilities, please report it immediately to ESU at 206-684-7272 or Call 911.
- Customer Service staff are available for assistance and information in Seattle Center Armory at the north end of the Food Hall or by calling 206-684-7200. You may also obtain assistance from any Seattle Center representative (look for the Seattle Center logo on their shirt or jacket).
- If you have a cell phone, keep it readily available in case you need to use it.
- Stay in lighted areas and/or on the main paths and walkways in later hours.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and careful to avoid slips, trips and falls in wet areas and along garden pathways.
SECURITY AT FESTIVALS AND LARGER EVENTS:
Seattle Center event and emergency service personnel coordinate closely with event producers, Seattle Police and Fire on security planning in advance of large events on the grounds. During events, they follow a carefully crafted plan, tailored to the size and specifics of the event, to enable quick and capable City response to a range of security needs and emergency situations.
EMERGENCIES AND DISASTER RESPONSE:
Ongoing emergency management is a priority at Seattle Center. Staff are trained in preparedness policies and procedures to respond to emergencies of various types and sizes. As a department of the City of Seattle, Seattle Center follows the Seattle Disaster Readiness and Response Plan.
BUILDING EVACUATION PROCEDURES:
Evacuation plans are in place for all Seattle Center facilities. If circumstances require evacuation, visitors should follow instructions given over public address systems and as directed by Seattle Center staff, uniformed security officers, police or medical responders.
In the event of a missing child, please notify a Seattle Center representative, emergency services officer (206-684-7272) or customer service staff (206-684-7200) so that they may coordinate on locating the lost child.