Seattle Center Festál presents Polish Festival Seattle in partnership with Seattle Polish Foundation and Polish Home Association. The festival features authentic Polish food, live music, exhibits, merchants, vodka tasting, beer garden, workshops, and more.
Seattle Polish Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. It provides a place for Polish Americans to explore their heritage, share understanding, and build community.
Polish Festival Seattle was founded in 2012 and joined Festál.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Over 125,000 residents of Washington State claim Polish ancestry and around 15,000 Poles live in the Seattle area.
- “Sto Lat” or “One Hundred Years” is sung at nearly every celebration.
- The symbol of Poland is a white eagle, and has been depicted wearing a crown or not, depending on the government and occupying nations of Poland throughout the country’s history.
- Poles have won a total of 17 Noble prizes including 4 Peace prizes and 5 in Literature.
- Famous Poles include Frederic Chopin, Marie Curie, and Nicholas Copernicus.